- •Inverter system with Pulse Width Modulation (PWM) control allows you to run sensitive electronics.
- •One of the quietest generators in its class: 64-67 dBA.
- •Run time of 15 hours at ¼ rated load
- •Economy Control electrical governor varies engine speed depending on load and helps reduce noise.
- •Multipole alternator — The compact design reduces weight, offering exceptional power output to weight ratio.
- •OHV engine features a cast iron cylinder lining
- •Low Oil Shutdown
- •USFS-approved Spark Arrestor — Offers quiet operation and keeps sparks from exiting exhaust system, reducing chance of fires caused by an errant spark.
- •Noise Suppressor — Reduces electrical interference with TVs and radios.
- •Specially designed muffler to reduce noise
- •AC Non-fuse Thermal Breaker
- •Open Frame
- •DC output allows you to charge 12V batteries
- • 50 State Compliant - Meets EPA and CARb emission regulations
|Engine Type||OHV, Air-Cooled, Four-Stroke, Single Cylinder|
|Engine Displacement||171 cc|
|Starting System||Recoil (pull to start)|
|Oil Capacity||0.63 qt|
|Fuel Tank Capacity||2.6 gal.|
|Continuous Operation Time||Up to 15 hours@ 1/4 load|
|Maximum AC Output||2800 watts|
|Rated AC Output||2500 watts|
|Rated AC Current||20.8 / 23.3 amps @ 120V|
|Receptacles||10A 12V DC, 120V 20A Duplex, L5-30R 30A Twist|
|Noise Level||64 - 67 dBA|
|Dry Weight||66 lbs.|
|Overall Dimensions||19.2 in X 15.6 in X 16.7 in|
|Residential Warranty||3 years + 1 Extended (4 Total)|
|Commercial Warranty||1 Year|
|Emissions Compliance||50 State Compliant|
- Nice Generator, but not super quite.Review by Tom
- Great RV GeneratorReview by Hiker23A
- My best portable generatorReview by Lieutenant Dan
- Best of the best.Review by Radiocom NYC
Fast-forward to Monday October 29, 2012. That night, Hurricane Sandy filled the streets of the Rockaway Peninsula in New York City with 5 feet of water, and flooded the basement of my home which is only 2 blocks from the ocean.
When the water level reached 6 inches in my driveway, I remembered that the generator was in the garage, and I hurried to bring it inside my house. Thank goodness it only weighs around 65 pounds.
Unfortunately, I couldn't get the generator running during that night because the quick-connect port that I use for my natural gas barbecue was already underwater, And a 5 gallon gas container was inside the garage. But Tuesday morning, I discovered that natural gas was still available inside my house (I was able to use the stove.) I brought the generator outside, plugged the gas hose into the quick-connect, and in moments the generator was running.
It took 6 hours for me to pump-out my basement using 2 high-capacity electric pumps that I had on-hand. I then ran some extensions cords from the generator into my house to power the refrigerator, TV, some lights, an electric heater, and chargers for a laptop and cellphone.
LIPA (our electric utility company) didn't restore power to the neighborhood until almost 3 weeks later. During that time, the generator ran continuously. I stopped it only once to change the oil. The Yamaha engine meter that I had purchased along with the generator (HIGHLY recommended; it show accumulated hours and RPM) showed 390 hours. The generator ran quietly (barely audible inside the house) and reliably. The inverter technology enabled me to use sensitive electronic equipment without ANY problems.
Because I was able to pump-out my basement quickly, and due to the fact that I had no sheet-rock walls... I was able to dry-out the basement quickly, and there was no mold, mildew, or odor. I was able to spend my time flushing the seawater from my boiler and water-heater, and then disassembling, cleaning with compressed air, and replacing some critical components. Within 3 days after the hurricane, I had heat and hot water again.
Because I was so impressed with the performance of the EF2800i, I was able to connect my laptop to the Internet by "tethering" it to my cellphone. and I placed an order with Wise Sales for ANOTHER Ef2800i. I now keep that new generator at work, as a backup
I know there are much-less expensive generators out there. My neighbors were using some of those cheaper models. They weren't using inverter technology. One of my neighbors ruined a computer when he repeatedly tried to use it with his cheap generator. Another neighbor had a generator that ran low on oil, and the engine seized. And I believe that some of those other generators don't have iron cylinder sleeves like the Yamaha engine on my generator. I doubt they will be able to use their generators more than 150 hours without requiring service.
Bottom-line: If you want something reliable, it requires investment in good equipment. Wise Sales handled my order efficiently, and there was no charge for delivery. Really... I can't say enough about the EF2800i. (Posted on 7/1/13)
- powerful but compact and lite for the sizeReview by Bruce
- Excellent GeneratorReview by djsurfbum
- Yamaha EF2800iReview by Jim
- cabin northern minn. Review by Rockin red
- Good Emergency PerformerReview by ICE4SAFETY
Quiet - Compact - Reliable Engine - Service Network - Sufficient Power - Transportable - Sine Wave Power - Multi-Fuel Capable
OK - will someone please invent a rough service wheel kit.
(Posted on 2/8/12)
- good all around generatorReview by pickle
- Light and quiet Review by Blackout
- A good unit you must turn off fuel and run the carb dry.Review by Sailor Man
Below is a basic overview of our typical Shipping and Delivery Policies. Please note for "Free Shipping" it is our intention to get your purchase to you as quickly as is financially feasible.
Shipment Transit Times: We are located in Schaumburg, IL and ship most products from our warehouse. Transit Times vary based on the size of product purchased and the distance from our warehouse. Here is a color coded chart with our approximate transit times.
Processing Times: Products that ship via Ground are typically processed by the next business day. Freight items are given 1 business day lead time. These standards are subject to item availability and shipping method chosen at checkout.
Expedited Shipping: products under 150 lbs (ship weight) may be expedited by selecting an expedited shipping method in checkout and paying an extra fee. Freight items cannot be expedited via our website checkout. For expedited freight orders, please call (847) 895-5555 to get a freight quote. Expedited shipping may not be available in all areas.
Typical delivery times per carrier:
- FedEx Ground: 1-5 business days within the contiguous United States. Upgrades available for 3 Day , 2 Day and Next Day Air; see checkout for prices.
If you have any questions related to our shipping policies or need a special quote, please call our Shipping Department at (847) 895-5555.
You may also be interested in the following product(s)
Regular Price: $2,472.75
Now only: $2,049.99