• Operator Suspension System isolates the operator platform via a Gabriel® coil-over shock and rubber iso-mounts. The entire operator platform (seat, controls, foot plate) are suspended to deliver a smooth ride, with only three moving parts. Quick-Fit control levers and 3-position deck lift foot pedal combine to provide unprecedented levels of adjustability and ergonomics.
• Up to 16 MPH ground speeds keep productivity at a maximum. Two-speed, ZT-5400 transaxles = Low Range (up to 12MPH) and High Range (up to 16MPH). High Range is perfect for traveling from job site to job site in an industrial park or subdivision or for transport back to the trailer. High Range can be used for cutting in less demanding conditions, like late season cutting, laying patterns or cutting dry grass. Most general cutting is best performed in Low Range.
• 61" Velocity Plus™ Rear Discharge cutter deck with a Kawasaki FX921 engine.
• Velocity Plus™ Rear Discharge cutter deck - An extra-large rear discharge opening enhances discharge for even clipping dispersal. The Velocity Plus™ cuts everything from fine grasses to tough weeds. Ideal for cemeteries, road sides, medians and parking lots, or any other location in which side discharging is not allowed or is undesirable.
• Dual fuel tanks, 15 gallon total capacity keep you in the field cutting grass. Fill up in the morning and cut all day long. Fuel tanks are positioned low, enhancing the mower's low center-of-gravity and giving it excellent hillside stability.
• Double tube steel main frame construction delivers superior strength and ensures years of trouble free service. This design is much stronger than "bolt together" frame designs. The main frame was designed for an ultra-low center-of-gravity to increase hillside stability.
• The Ogura GT3.5 Clutch Brake delivers up to 250 ft. lbs. of starting and stopping torque. Adjustable airgap ensures long component life and reduced maintenance costs. Other brands of electric clutch do not have adjustable air-gaps and once they are out of adjustment, they must be replaced.
• Heavy-duty blade drive spindles provide reliable performance season after season. The Scag spindle easily handles the high horsepower and torque requirements of this powerful mower. Three year limited warranty.
• Standard equipment auxiliary canister air filter system on all Cheetahs. This provides increased service intervals and longer engine life.
• Easily adjust cutting heights from the seat with the convenient, easy to lift, 3-position adjustable foot pedal. Wide range of adjustment from 1.25" to 5" in 1/4" increments.
• Custom-Cut Baffle allows you to customize the cutter deck to your individual cutting conditions.
• Deck leveling adjustment bracket allows for easy in-the-field deck leveling adjustment.
• Quick-Fit steering control levers with dual gas-charged dampeners for smooth, precise responsiveness. Steering levers are adjustable (without tools) to fit a wide range of operator sizes, increasing operator comfort.
• The gas-charged dampeners have three mounting positions (requires tools) to customize the resistance on the steering levers.
• Custom, high-back, bolstered seat adds another level of comfort to the Scag Cheetah.
• Foldable Rollover Protection System (ROPS) is standard equipment and easily fits into enclosed trailers. ROPS provides additional operator safety. Retractable seatbelts for added convenience. The low-hinge point ROPS design folds away without adding height or length to the mower when traveling under trees or low overhangs.
• Extra large 24 inch drive tires
• Flat-Free front caster tires virtually eliminate downtime and expense caused by flat front tires.
• Tapered roller bearings are utilized in the front caster wheels and in the caster pivots for durability and reduced maintenance. Low profile dust caps on the caster yoke pivots resist damage from impacts and foreign objects.
• The front caster extension is replaceable in the event of damage from an impact.
• "Split-Steel" pulleys are used on load carrying areas like the cutter deck spindles and pump drive systems. Split steel pulleys are stronger than cast iron or stamped pulley designs. Our pulleys are strong for long life and lightweight for reduced inertia and decreased wear on the cutter deck drive system, including the PTO clutch.
• No plastic pulleys - Some [other brands] actually use plastic pulleys on their mowers. Not Scag. All Scag pulleys are made from metal. Plastic is for toys.
• High-quality bearings and bearing debris guard on idler pulleys ensure long, reliable service.
• Flip-up footplate panel (not shown) for access to center blade spindle, blade bolt and the top of the cutter deck. Operator friendly instrument panel includes an ammeter, ignition switch, mower engagement switch, separate choke and throttle controls. The hour meter is conveniently located in the instrument panel.
• User-friendly mower design allows quick, clean access to the engine and filters, for easy maintenance. Rear hood and access panels require no tools to swing out of the way for access.
• Spring loaded idler arms effortlessly keep belts in constant, optimum adjustment for maximum life and minimum maintenance.
• Excellent hillside stability due to an exceptionally low center-of-gravity and extra wide stance.
• Marbain cutter blades stay sharp longer for reduced maintenance.
• High quality electrical components such as switches, wiring and harness looms are used throughout the Scag mower line for trouble-free service. In-line sealed fuses are easily accessible should they need to be replaced.
• Digital SmartSense hour meter displays maintenance reminders to help ensure that routine service is completed. The hourmeter only runs when the engine is running for more accurate recording of operation time.
|Manufacturer Part Number||SCZ61RD-921FX|
|Style||Zero-Turn Mower, Commercial, Cheetah Zero-Turn Rider|
|Engine Type||Kawasaki 921FX air-cooled|
|Engine Displacement||31 HP|
|Starting System||Electric 12V|
|Fuel Tank Capacity||15 gal. (dual tanks)|
|Transmission||Two-speed, ZT-5400 transaxles|
|Cutting Width||61 Inch|
|Deck Material||61" deck utilizes a 10 gauge deck top, 7 gauge deck skirts, a 7 gauge top support plate and 11 gauge plate welded inside the deck.|
|Deck Construction||Fabricated / Welded - Rear Discharge|
|No. of Blades||3|
|Cutting Height||1-1/4" - 5"|
|Speed||up to 16 mph|
|Seat||Cheetah's Operator Suspension System w/ Gabriel Coil-Over shock|
|Tires||24 inch drive tires|
|Frame Type||Steel double-tube main frame|
|Overall Width||73.5" (w/ chute down) - 62.75" (w/ chute in transport position)|
|Dry Weight||1360 lbs.|
|Residential Warranty||3 years or 500 hours|
|Commercial Warranty||2 years - 3 years on Deck & Spindles|
|Emissions Compliance||50 State Compliant|
Below is a basic overview of our typical Shipping and Delivery Policies. Please note for "Free Shipping" it is our intention to get your purchase to you as quickly as is financially feasible.
Shipment Transit Times: We are located in Schaumburg, IL and ship most products from our warehouse. Transit Times vary based on the size of product purchased and the distance from our warehouse. Here is a color coded chart with our approximate transit times.
Processing Times: Products that ship via Ground are typically processed by the next business day. Freight items are given 1 business day lead time. These standards are subject to item availability and shipping method chosen at checkout.
Expedited Shipping: products under 150 lbs (ship weight) may be expedited by selecting an expedited shipping method in checkout and paying an extra fee. Freight items cannot be expedited via our website checkout. For expedited freight orders, please call (800) 916-9473 to get a freight quote. Expedited shipping may not be available in all areas.
Typical delivery times per carrier:
- UPS: 1-5 business days within the contiguous United States. Upgrades available for 3 Day , 2 Day and Next Day Air; see checkout for prices.
If you have any questions related to our shipping policies or need a special quote, please call our Shipping Department at (800) 916-9473.