- Four-speed Peerless transmission for ground speeds up to 6 mph. Transmission features 9 spline couplers for increased durability.
- Powerful and efficient 16hp Briggs Vanguard engine with a 3-year warranty.
- 48" standard-style cutter deck.
- Convenient dash panel puts the controls at your fingertips, including key switch, throttle, cutter deck engagement switch and optional hour meter.
- Heavy gauge handlebars are adjustable to provide additional comfort for taller operators. Handlebars have three height settings and fit a wide variety of operators.
- Ergonomic handlebars allow for comfortable operation, with reduced handlebar diameter and adjusted steering lever angle.Twin hand controls allow for smooth, precise responsiveness.
- Operator presence controls are contoured and designed for comfortable operation.
- Large 6 gallon, rust-free fuel tank keeps you in the field cutting. This tank design is 20% larger than tanks on other mower brands. Molded-in cup holder provides added operator convenience and comfort.
- Durable frame is designed to withstand rough environments.
- Heavy-duty caster wheels with quick pin removal for easy maintenance.
- Ogura PTO clutch brake engages the cutter blades. Adjustable airgap ensures long component life.
- Single power belts supply solid, smooth power to each drive wheel.
- "Split-Steel" pulley design is stronger than cast iron or stamped pulley designs. They are precision matched and lightweight for reduced inertia and decreased wear on the cutter deck drive system.
- Marbain cutter blades stay sharp longer for reduced maintenance.
- Maintenance-free blade drive spindles provide reliable performance and long life. Heavy-duty spindle shaft, cast aluminum housing, and sealed ball bearings.
- Padded, ergonomically shaped shift lever makes shifting gears simple.
- Double stacked roller bearings in cutter deck idler pulley adds to reliability.
- User-friendly design allows quick, clean access to the engine and filters, for easy maintenance.
- Flexible discharge chute will not dent like metal chutes.
- A strong 2-year warranty stands behind you and your mower.
- Briggs stands behind their 16hp Vanguard engine with a 3-year warranty.
- There are several time saving accessories for the SFW walk-behind like grass catchers and mulching systems.
|Manufacturer Part Number||SFW48-16BV|
|Engine Type||16HP BRIGGS VANGUARD|
|Fuel Tank Capacity||6 gal.|
|Cutting Width||48 Inch|
|Cutting Height||1.75" - 4.5"|
|Ground Speed||FWD 2.5-6.0 MPH / REV 2.0 MPH|
|No. of Blades||3|
|Emissions Compliance||49 State Compliant|
|Residential Warranty||3 years|
|Commercial Warranty||2 years|
|Dry Weight||485 lbs.|
Below is a basic overview of our typical Shipping and Delivery Policies. Please note for "Free Shipping" it is our intention to get your purchase to you as quickly as is financially feasible.
Shipment Transit Times: We are located in Schaumburg, IL and ship most products from our warehouse. Transit Times vary based on the size of product purchased and the distance from our warehouse. Here is a color coded chart with our approximate transit times.
Processing Times: Products that ship via Ground are typically processed by the next business day. Freight items are given 1 business day lead time. These standards are subject to item availability and shipping method chosen at checkout.
Expedited Shipping: products under 150 lbs (ship weight) may be expedited by selecting an expedited shipping method in checkout and paying an extra fee. Freight items cannot be expedited via our website checkout. For expedited freight orders, please call (847) 895-5555 to get a freight quote. Expedited shipping may not be available in all areas.
Typical delivery times per carrier:
- FedEx Ground: 1-5 business days within the contiguous United States. Upgrades available for 3 Day , 2 Day and Next Day Air; see checkout for prices.
If you have any questions related to our shipping policies or need a special quote, please call our Shipping Department at (847) 895-5555.